9/21 - Vocabulary QUIZ
9/26 - Tools QUIZ
9/28 - Unit 1 Tools TEST
Study and learn vocabulary
What We Are Learning
Line of Inquiry: TOOLS
What are some of the different tools used by scientists during investigations?
Which tools help scientists measure the properties of matter? How are they used?
Which tools help scientist observe matter? How are they used?
What are the steps in the scientific method and how are they used?
Observe, infer, predict, investigate, hypothesis, experiment, variable, data, evidence, bar graph, data table,
microscope, beaker, graduated cylinder, hand lens,
pan balance, spring scale, meter stick, measuring tape, thermometer, temperature, watch, volume
- Visit my HOME LEARNING PAGE.
- Below will find vocabulary and study guides.
Matter Study Guide
1. Introduce matter vocabulary
2. Identify physical properties of matter
3. Measure and compare masses and volumes of various liquids and solids.
4. Measure and compare temperatures of various solids and liquids.
5. Identify the differences between solids, liquids, and gases
6. Explain how the states of matter changes. (Evaporation, Condensation, Melting, Freezing, and Boiling)